Friday 27 March 2015

Creating your own Art Film


My favourite part of battleship Potemkin is the men yelling and looking shocked as the baby carriage is falling down the stairs.

My favourite part of Metropolis is the man at the end showing a fearful face and pushing his body very close to the wall behind him.

My favourite part of Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid is the ending were the detective is boarding the train and the bag gets stuck to the bottom of his shoes and he tries to take it off with his other foot.

For my movie, I would like to show the man stepping out of the car, and then a different man being shocked once the man steps out of said car and sees him, then people running away from a burning building which is going to explode, and after show more faces of horrified people once the man looks behind him.

I'll be using clear clips of a smoke effect overlaid in my film to show the beginning and end of the man’s flashback to a burning building which he remembers escaping from. I’ll also use clips of flames and explosions to show the burning building that it will soon explode at the end of the movie. Also filters that look old, crackled, and a pop spatter look to blend the clips to together to make them look like they all belong to one specific time point. I’ll also try and use coloured filter to show that some parts are in the present time and black and white to show that some is to be in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment